Quality Content over Quantity of Content
"Content is king" still holds true, but the rules surrounding content production as well as our understanding of it as marketers has changed. No longer is it about having content in spades, it's all about quality.
Having one great piece of content is always going to be better than 10 second-rate pieces that don't add any value for readers. However, if you can consistently produce great content on a regular basis, that's enough to dominate the online marketing realm.
Content marketing is a continually evolving, sophisticated ecology of digital tools, assets and human factors called “customer journeys.” To that end, content retains the potential for longevity across many platforms. We at Smart Media LLC are poised to create, or curate content that can derive value over longer periods of time. Website blogs, social media channels, email marketing are a few platforms you need to be delivering content regularly.
And last, a formal strategy around developing, deploying, measuring and managing your content is our backbone for quality content. Good content strategy with quality produced content are well worth the investment.
Video Marketing By The Numbers
Not convinced video marketing is the way of the future? Here are a few statistics to help you understand exactly how popular video marketing has become in recent years, according to news shared by HubSpot:
- Video is projected to claim more than 80% of all web traffic by 2019.
- Adding a video to marketing emails can boost click-through rates by 200-300%.
- Embedding videos in landing pages can increase conversion rates by 80%.
- 90% of customers report that product videos help them make purchasing decisions.
- According to YouTube, mobile video consumption grows by 100% every year.
- 64% of customers are more likely to buy a product online after watching a video about it.
- 87% of online marketers are currently using video content in their digital marketing strategies.
- A third of all the time people spend online is dedicated to watching videos.
- Video ads now account for more than 35% of all ad spending online.
- 59% of company decision makers would rather watch a video than read an article or blog post.
- Digital marketing expert James McQuivey estimates that a single minute of video content is the equivalent of 1.8 million words.
Contact us to learn how we at Smart Media LLC can produce and deliver effective content marketing for your business.